Little DaisyBank is the oldest part of the property, now known collectively as DaisyBank House. The smaller property (to the left and set back when looking from Leek Road, dates back to the mid-18th century. The first documented occupant was William Bourne, a surgeon who lived at DaisyBank from 1818 until he died in 1837. William Bourne passed on the house and his practice to his son. John was still living at DaisyBank in 1861, and during his residence, the property underwent numerous alterations. When John died, his sister Sarah moved from the main house into Little DaisyBank, and the larger house was occupied by another surgeon, John W.H. Mackenzie. When Sarah died in 1877, she left a large amount of money to the town to provide medical assistance to the poor, which Dr. Mackenzie subsequently administered.